I have extensive experience as a Vancouver piano teacher, along with previous university-level teaching in piano performance, piano pedagogy, piano literature, and music history.
- Doctoral degree (DMA) in Piano Performance and Literature — Eastman School of Music (ranked #1 among U.S. graduate music schools in U.S. News & World Report)
- Masters degrees in Performance (MM) and Musicology (MA) — Eastman School of Music
- BA in Music and Arts Management — University of Toronto
I am a Senior Piano Examiner for Royal Conservatory Examinations, conducting piano and pedagogy exams for all levels in numerous locations in Canada and the U.S. since 2005.
I am a Festival Adjudicator, and a member of the Canadian Music Festival Adjudicators’ Association since 2007. Festivals I have adjudicated include:
- Calgary Kiwanis Music Festival (2011)
- Creston Festival of the Arts (2018)
- Greater Victoria Performing Arts Festival (2012)
- Howe Sound Music Festival (2016)
- North Fraser Music Festival (2018)
- North Shore Music Festival (2007, 2011, & 2016)
- Prince George and District Music Festival (2013)
- STMC Chancellor Music Festival (2012 & 2015)
- Vancouver Student Performers’ Guild Music Festival (2011 & 2012)
I have significant past performing experience, with solo recitals and collaborative work in Canada, the U.S., Oxford, Hong Kong, Taipei, and Japan, and as a faculty member at the University of Hawaii from 2000-2004.
- Member of the BC Registered Music Teachers’ Association
- Member of the Canadian Federation of Music Teachers
- Certified Royal Conservatory of Music Teacher for all levels