I have extensive experience as a private piano teacher, along with previous university-level teaching in piano performance, piano pedagogy, piano literature, and music history.
- Doctoral degree (DMA) in Piano Performance and Literature Eastman School of Music
- Masters degrees in Performance (MM) and Musicology (MA) Eastman School of Music
- BA in Music and Arts Management
University of Toronto
I am a Senior Piano Examiner for The Royal Conservatory, conducting piano and pedagogy exams for all levels in numerous locations in Canada and the U.S. since 2005.
Festival & Competition Adjudication
I am a festival adjudicator and competition judge, and a member of the Canadian Music Festival Adjudicators’ Association since 2007. Festivals and competitions I have adjudicated include:
- Calgary Kiwanis Music Festival (2011)
- Creston Festival of the Arts (2018 & 2020)
- IPPA Conero International Piano Competition (2023)
- Greater Victoria Performing Arts Festival (2012 & 2021)
- Howe Sound Music Festival (2016)
- North Fraser Music Festival (2018)
- North Shore Music Festival (2007, 2011, & 2016)
- Prince George and District Music Festival (2013 & 2022)
- STMC Chancellor Music Festival (2012 & 2015)
- Vancouver Student Performers’ Guild Music Festival (2011 & 2012)
I have significant past performing experience, with solo recitals and collaborative work in Canada, the U.S., Oxford, Hong Kong, Taipei, and Japan, and as a faculty member at the University of Hawaii from 2000-2004.
- Member of the BC Registered Music Teachers’ Association
- Member of the Canadian Federation of Music Teachers
- Certified Royal Conservatory of Music Teacher for all levels